Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ready, set, decorate!

One of the best things about buying a new home is decorating it! We broke out the Christmas tree just a couple days after Thanksgiving, and have been slowly decorating ever since! Now that we have more room; I feel like we need more stuff! And I love that Rowan is at the age where he can appreciate it. It's hard to think that last Christmas, he couldn't even crawl! My oh my he is growing fast! If you ask him what Santa says, he'll tell you "ho ho ho". He picked that one up form nona in about 5 seconds flat!

We decided to put the tree in fromt of the window in the upstairs family room, but will probably open our presents downstairs near the fire!


Aaron being brave and putting up the lights


I have re-decorated the mantel since this picture was taken, but I fell in love with this sign at Festival of Trees and had to have it. So funny!


And here is the house at night...so festive!


While we're at it, he is our picture of Rowan and Santa. I was secretly hoping he would cry, but he just plain wasn't impressed at all. I think he knew it wasn't the REAL Santa :)

Wow, look how little he was last year!!!! (I just had to add this one for comparison)

2 comments:

JACC said...

hA HA THAT IS SO FUNNY. i WILL HAVE TO POST MY PICS WITH THE KIDS AND SANTA. cADEN IS TOTALLY CRYING THIS YEAR AND LAST! SO FUNNY. HIS PICTURES TURNED OUT DARLING!

Sylvia said...

LoL, I have to agree with Jackie. She will have to show you the pictures of Caden and Santa... they are hilarious!!
Your house looks so cute. How fun for you and your little family, spending your first Christmas in your new beautiful home.
Aaron did a great job on the lights and I LOVE that sign on your fireplace... I know someone that could really use that... hahhaahaha!
I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!!!!
Oh, and... HOLY COW, Rowen IS getting sooooo big and handsome... what's with all the hair too!!!!! So cute!!!!